The Art of Wine Education: French Wine Education Class
Satisfy your inner sommelier and discover French international wines with The Art of Wine Education at The Art of Wine Dallas. This class is an interactive and delightful experience that will engage and entice your senses.
“Accept what life offers you and try to drink from every cup. All wines should be tasted; some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle.”
― Paulo Coelho,
May 31th 2019, The Art of Wine will offer their exclusive, French Wine Education class
The history of French wine pans a period of at least 2600 years dating to the founding of Massalia in the 6th century BC by Phocaeans with the possibility that Viticulture existed much earlier. The Romans did much to spread viticulture across the land they knew as Gaul, encouraging the planting of vines in areas that would become the well known wine regions of Bordeaux, Burgundy, Alsace, Champagne, Languedoc, Loire Valley, and Rhone.
The 2-hour workshop-style class is taught by certified international sommeliers. In each class, participants:
- Learn the importance of wine in ancient and modern French culture and history
- Practice the proper way to hold a wine glass
- Focus on 4 of the 1000+ French wine grapes
- Taste several French Wines
- Learn to appreciate and describe the sight, smell and taste of different wines
- Understand the vinification process
- Master the art of making exquisite wine and food pairings
- Can purchase the exclusive wines presented in the class